Cycle of Prayer
St Andrew North Swindon Weekly Cycle of Prayer Spring/Summer 2018
Jesus Christ died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honour at God's right hand, pleading for us. Romans 8 v 34
Please use these suggestions for prayer each day so we can join our prayers for our community together as a congregation.
Pray for Tadpole Garden Village
- For a flourishing community to develop among those living there and moving in soon.
- For the Tuesday morning Coffee time at the Primary school to encourage community and reduce isolation.
- For the right plans for the shops, pub, new primary school and other amenities and that they would be implemented effectively.
- For a good end to the academic year for everyone involved with Tadpole Farm CE Primary Academy.
- For those looking forward to starting at the Great Western Academy in September
Pray for Oakhurst and Redhouse
- For all those who live in this area
- For staff, pupils and governors at Oakhurst and Red Oaks Primary Schools, Brimble Hill and Uplands Special Schools and Abbey Park Secondary School
- For the district centre and all those who use the Community Centre
- For the ministry of the new Café – Kingdom Coffee House – opening in Redhouse
- For the summer to be a time of enjoyment and not anti-social behaviour.
Pray for St Andrew’s Ridge, Ashbrake, Abbey Farm and Blunsdon St Andrew
- For all those who live or work in these areas
- For staff, pupils and governors at Bridlewood School
- For Abbey House Care home – that there would be good relationships between staff, residents and their families.
- For the right community facilities for those living on the new estates.
- That local businesses would enhance the lives of those living around them.
Pray for those in our parish who are facing challenges
- For young people sitting exams and waiting for results
- For those looking for work
- For those struggling with debt and other money issues.
- For those coping with ill health, anxiety or depression.
- For those who feel lonely or isolated.
Pray for those outside our Parish
- For the other Anglican Churches in Swindon and the Anglican Church throughout the world. For full details see the Deanery prayer diary http://www.nschurch.org.uk/for-your-prayers/swindon-deanery-prayer-diary.php
- Pray for those who work in Bristol Diocesan head office. For those preparing to retire or move to other jobs, those, including the new bishop, preparing to replace them and for those coping with the change.
- For the Charities we support as a congregation, for enough resources to meet the needs around them
- Swindon Food Bank
- Swindon Women’s Aid
- Christian Aid
- Children’s Society
- Jerusalem and Middle East Church Association
- Embrace the Middle East
Pray for all those who work to make the area a better community
- For Justin Tomlinson, our MP.
- For Mary Friend, Rahul Tarar and Vera Tomlinson, Borough Councillors for St Andrew’s ward and Malcolm Davies, Toby Elliott and Emma Faramarzi, Borough Councillors for Priory Vale Ward.
- For all who serve on or work for St Andrew’s and Haydon Wick Parish Councils
- For all, whether paid or volunteers, who work to keep our open spaces tidy and free from litter.
- For the Police, Fire and Ambulance Services
Pray for us as a congregation
- For a clear sense of what God wants us to be doing.
- For wisdom and strength for Sally, PCC members and Deputy Church Wardens.
- For services, at St Andrew’s and Tadpole Farm CE Primary Academy, which allow us all to worship God and experience his presence.
- For increasing numbers of people to visit us and join us.
- For us all to be more aware of God at work in our lives and the lives of those around us and to know how to react.
- For all those coming to St Andrew’s to be married or baptised in the coming months and their guests.
- For God to provide all we need for 2018.