Cycle of Prayer
St Andrew North Swindon Weekly Cycle of Prayer winter 2018-19
“All these were constantly devoting themselves to prayer.” Acts 1 verse 14
Please use these suggestions for prayer each day so we can join our prayers for our community together as a congregation and devote ourselves constantly to prayer like St Andrew and the first disciples.
Pray for all who live in Tadpole Garden Village
- For those who have lived here a long time and those who are just moving in.
- For staff, pupils and governors at Tadpole Farm CE Primary Academy and Great Western Academy and the planning for William Morris Primary School.
- For good progress with the community facilities.
- For a continued good environment for the various birds and other wildlife which live in the area.
Pray for all who live in Oakhurst and Redhouse
- For staff, pupils and governors at Oakhurst and Red Oaks Primary Schools, Brimble Hill and Uplands Special Schools and Abbey Park Secondary School.
- For the flourishing of businesses in the district centre and for the Community Centre.
- For those who feel isolated and vulnerable whether they are living alone or in an unhappy domestic situation.
- For tolerance on the roads and between neighbours.
Pray for all who live in St Andrew’s Ridge, Ashbrake, Abbey Farm and Blunsdon St Andrew
- For staff, pupils and governors at Bridlewood School
- For Abbey House Care home – for love and respect to be shared between residents and staff so that good care can be provided.
- For other elderly people in the area, particularly for support and good health during the winter months.
- For those moving into the new build estates in various parts of the area.
Pray for those in our parish who are searching for God
- For increased spiritual awareness.
- For the desire and opportunity to visit us or another local church.
- For friends or acquaintances who can discuss their own faith and share Jesus’ love.
- For the gift of faith to understand the truth about Jesus Christ.
Pray for the charities we support in Swindon and around the world.
- Swindon Food Collective
- Swindon Women’s Aid
- Wiltshire Historic Churches Trust
- The Children’s Society
- Christian Aid
- Jerusalem and Middle East Church Association (JMECA)
- Embrace the Middle East
- For the Schools in Kamapala and Luweero Diocese which Sally and others from Swindon will be visiting in February.
Pray for all those who work to make the area a better community
- For those who work outside and whose job is so much harder in the winter months.
- For Justin Tomlinson, our MP.
- For Mary Friend, Rahul Tarar and Vera Tomlinson, Borough Councillors for St Andrew’s ward and Malcolm Davies, Toby Elliott and Emma Faramarzi, Borough Councillors for Priory Vale Ward.
- For all who serve on or work for St Andrew’s and Haydon Wick Parish Councils
Pray for us as a congregation
- For God to continue to guide us in our engagement with our parish and those who do not yet come to church.
- For those who do come along to services; that they will hear a clear message about Jesus and see him at work among us, especially over the Christmas period.
- For wisdom for the Parochial Church Council to lead us into God’s plans for 2019.
- Give thanks that we met all our financial commitments in 2018 and pray that we will continue to experience God’s generosity in 2019 and that our finances will become more sustainable.